Lesson 51 What Could Be Wrong
Dear Sue,
亲爱的苏,
There is a problem between me and my good friend.
我和好朋友之间出了点问题。
We used to study and play together,
我们过去常常一块学习和玩耍,
but ever since last Friday, she hasn't spoken to me.
可自从上周五开始,她不再和我说话。
I considered all the things that could be wrong, but I still can't figure out what the problem is.
我考虑了所有可能出现的问题,但我仍找不出问题所在。
I tried to call her, but she didn't answer.
我尝试打电话给她,但她没有接。
What should I do?
我应该怎么做?
A Lost Girl
迷失的小女孩
Dear Lost Girl,
亲爱的迷失的小女孩,
Many people have had the same experience as you.
很多人和你有着同样的经历。
Sometimes it's pretty hard to tell what's wrong in a friendship.
有时候很难说是朋友间出现了什么问题。
Try writing to your friend or you can ask another friend for help.
尝试写信给你的朋友,或是寻求另一位朋友的帮助。
If neither of these things works, just leave your friend alone.
如果这些都不奏效,请给你的朋友独处的空间。
She may need some time to cool down and think about the situation herself.
她可能需要一些时间冷静思考。
If you figure out what the problem is, think about it.
如果你找出了问题所在,也想一想。
Did you really hurt your friend?
你是否真的伤害到你的朋友?
If yes, go directly to her and say sorry.
如果是,直接去找她并向她道歉。
Maybe it was just a big misunderstanding.
或许当时只是一个大误会。
If your friend wants to end the friendship,
如果你的朋友想结束这段友情,
there's nothing you can do about it.
那你就不用做什么了。
Both of you can move on and find new friends.
两人都向前看并去结识新朋友。
But even if you're not friends anymore, you should still be friendly.
即使你们不再是朋友,你仍然应该友好示人。
Say hi to her when you pass her at school.
当在学校碰面时,向她打招呼。
Maybe one day she will realize what a good friend you are.
或许有一天她会意识到你是一位好朋友的。
Sue
苏