Lesson 48 Supper with the Bradshaws
Dear Danny, How are you these days?
亲爱的丹尼,你这些天好吗?
Are you ready for Christmas?
你在为圣诞节做准备吗?
My Australian pen pal, Bruce, and his father, came to visit me the day before yesterday.
我的澳大利亚笔友,布鲁斯,和他爸爸,前天来我家了。
Last night, my parents invited them to our home for dinner.
昨晚,我父母邀请他们来我们家吃饭。
At the end of the meal, Mr. Bradshaw opened a box of cookies he had brought from home.
饭后,布拉德肖先生打开了他从家带来的一盒饼干。
He then passed the box to everyone.
然后他把盒子传递给每一个人。
We each took a cookie and ate it.
我们每个人都吃了一块。
The cookie tasted like chalk to me!
饼干吃起来有点像粉笔。
But in good Chinese tradition, I told Mr.Bradshaw that I enjoyed it.
但是出于中国传统,我告诉布莱德肖先生我很喜欢。
At the airport today, Mr.Bradshaw gave me a big box of the same cookies as a gift.
今天在机场,布莱德肖先生给了我一盒一模一样的饼干作为礼物。
I don't know what we'll do with them.
我不知道我们应该怎么做了。
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
圣诞快乐,新年快乐。
Li Ming
李明
Hi Li Ming, I am so busy with Christmas these days.
你好,李明,圣诞节这些天我们非常忙。
I couldn't help but laugh when I read your e-mail.
当我读你的邮件时我禁不住笑了。
I can imagine your reaction when you received the cookies.
我能想象出你收到饼干时的反应。
Maybe you can send them to me. I love all kinds of cookies.
或许你能否把他们寄给我,我喜欢各种各样的饼干。
But I think you were polite to react that way.
但是我想你那样说是出于礼貌。
I love Chinese culture. I wish everyone here, especially Debbie, could learn some Chinese manners.
我喜欢中国文化。我希望这里的每个人,尤其是德比,能够学一些中国礼仪。
Debbie dreams of being a police officer.
德比梦想着能成为一名警官。
She once said that she hoped to have a toy gun as a Christmas gift, so I bought one for her.
她曾经说过他希望有一个玩具枪作为圣诞礼物,因此我给她买了一把。
But when I gave it to her, she said she wanted a doll!
但是当我给她时,她说她想要一个洋娃娃!
She changes her mind so quickly!
她的主意变化得可真快!
Though I was a little hurt, I still enjoyed Christmas very much.
尽管我有点点受伤,我仍然非常享受圣诞节。
We had a lot of fun.
我们过得很开心。
We are planning another trip to Chinatown during the Spring Festival.
我们计划春节期间再去一次唐人街。
I love festivals.
我喜欢节日。
Danny
丹尼