Lesson 37 Don't fight
After a basketball game, Danny, Jenny and Brian are talking happily.
一场篮球比赛后,丹尼、珍妮和布莱恩正高兴地谈话。
That was quite a victory, Danny!
丹尼,这真是一场大胜利!
The other team was strong, but you beat them.
对手非常强,但是你们打败了对手。
Thanks, Brian. It's fun to win, but I just love to play.
布莱恩,谢谢。赢得比赛很有趣,可我只是想打球。
Everyone played so well!
每个人都表现得非常好。
By the way, where was Steven today?
顺便问一句,今天史蒂文去哪了?
Is there anything wrong with him?
他怎么了?
(Danny is just about to say something when he sees Steven running towards them carrying a basketball.)
(丹尼正要说什么,这时,他看见史蒂文拿着篮球正朝他们跑过来。)
Danny! Why didn't you tell me the game time was changed?
丹尼!你怎么不告诉我篮球比赛改时间了?
I did! I sent you an e-mail.
我告诉你了!我给你发了封电子邮件。
Well, my computer broke down the day before yesterday and it's still being repaired.
哦,我的电脑前天坏了,还在修呢。
Why didn't you call me?
为什么你不给我打电话呢?
I tried calling you, but your phone was out of service.
我尝试着给你打电话,但是你的电话停机了。
I sent you a text message.
我给你发了一条短信。
I didn't check my messages!
我没查看我的短信!
We live close to each other, so why didn't you come over and knock at my door!
我们住得很近你为什么没来敲我的门!
You knew how important the game was to me!
你知道这个比赛对我来说多么重要!
Now I've missed it!
现在我错过它了!
Well, I was too busy all day, and I am NOT your secretary! What?!
哦,我整天都太忙,而且我也不是你的秘书啊!什么?!
(Steven throws his ball on the ground. It bounces and hits Danny's head.)
(史蒂文把球扔向地面。篮球反弹起来还打到丹尼的头了。)
Ouch! Are you crazy?
哎哟!你疯了吗?
(Danny almost hits Steven, but Brian and Jenny jump in to separate them.)
(丹尼差点就打史蒂文了,布莱恩和珍妮跳起来分开了他俩。)
Don't fight, you two!
你们俩,别打架!
You are good friends, not enemies.
你们是好朋友,不是敌人。
You should behave like gentlemen. Let's talk!
你俩举止文明。我们来谈谈!
I have nothing to say to a wild man!
我跟野人没什么好谈的。
Me neither!
我也是。