Lesson 47 I Made It
Peter left Miss Martin's classroom feeling like a loser.
彼得离开了马丁小姐的教室,感觉就像是一个失败者。
His teacher wrote a big "F" for "fail" on his English exam paper.
他的老师在他的英语试卷上写了一个大大的“F”,代表不及格。
Krista, his friend, noticed him looking sad.
他的朋友克里斯塔,注意到了他看起来很伤心。
"What's wrong, Peter?" asked Krista.
“出了什么事,彼得?”克里斯塔问道。
"I just failed my English exam," replied Peter.
“我刚刚考试不及格,”皮特回答。
"I made too many spelling mistakes."
“我犯了太多的拼写错误。”
"If I can spell, you can spell, too," said Krista.
“如果我会拼写的,你也会拼写,”克里斯塔说。
Peter didn't agree.
彼得不同意。
He came from Mexico.
他来自墨西哥。
English was not his first language.
英语并不是他的第一语言。
But Krista was not going to let Peter give up.
但是克里斯塔让彼得不要放弃。
The next day, she gave Peter a book - The Top 500 Most Often Misspelled Words.
第二天,她给了彼得一本书——《最容易拼错的500个单词》。
"There are 125 days left before the end of the school year," said Krista.
“这学期还剩下125天,”克里斯塔说。
"Each day, you will learn how to spell four these words.
“每天,你都学习如何拼写四个单词。”
I am here to help you. OK?
我l来帮助你。好吗?
Soon, you will master them all."
很快,你就会把它们全都掌握了。
Peter accepted the challenge.
彼得接受了挑战。
He worked very hard, both by himself and with Krista.
每一天,他都刻苦地学习,不管是自己学习还是与克里斯塔一起学。
On the last day of school, Miss Martin stood in front of the class.
在这学期的最后一天,马丁小姐站在班级前面。
She presented many awards that day,
那天她颁发了很多奖励,
but she was excited to present one very award: the Most-Improved Student Award.
但是她很激动地颁发了一个特别的奖励:最佳进步学生奖。
She gave it to Peter and said,
她将这个奖给了彼得并对他说,
"Your spelling was perfect in your last paper.
“在上一张试卷中你的拼写非常完美。
I'm very proud of you.
"我为你感到骄傲。”
Peter felt so happy.
彼得感到非常开心。
After school, he told Krista the good news.
放学后,他把这个好消息告诉了克里斯塔。
"I made it!" he said.
“我做到了!”他说。
"It's all because of your help!
“这都是因为你的帮助!
Thank you so much!"
非常感谢你!”
"Good for you, Peter!
“干得好,彼得!
I am proud of you.
"我为你感到骄傲。”