第十单元你应该握手
Unit10 You are supposed to shake hands.
Section A 2d
Katie: how about a welcome party for the international students last night?
凯蒂:昨晚为留学生举办的欢迎派对怎么样?
John: that's great! I made some new friends, but something interesting happened.
约翰:真棒!我交了一些新朋友,不过发生了一件很有趣的事情。
Katie: what's the matter?
凯蒂:什么事?
John: I met a Japanese boy named Misaki Sato, and he bowed to me as I reached out to shake hands with him.
约翰:我遇到了一个名叫佐藤的日本男孩,正当我伸出手(要跟他握手)时,他对我鞠躬了。
Katie: that is Japanese to greet the way. If you don't they bow, it is impolite.
凯蒂:那就是日本人跟别人打招呼的方式。如果你不对他们鞠躬还礼,那就失礼了。
John: I don't know the etiquette, so I just stood there stretched hand, I finally bowed in return.
约翰:我不知道这个礼节,所以我只站在那里伸的手,最后我还是鞠躬还礼了。
Katie: I remember the first time I met Marie last year, and I was like you. I reached out my hand, and to my surprise, she kissed me on both cheeks!
凯蒂:我记得去年第一次见玛丽的时候,我也和你一样。我伸出手,而令我惊讶的是,她亲吻了我的双颊!
John: if she wants to kiss my cheek, I don't mind!
约翰:若她要亲我的脸颊,我可不介意!
Katie: Oh, it's interesting. And then I know that when the French meet, they kiss each other to show politeness.
凯蒂:呵呵,很有趣。而后来我知道法国人见面时都会亲吻对方以示礼貌。
Section A 3a
Teresa Lopez Cali Columbia.
特雷莎.洛佩斯 卡利 哥伦比亚
In my hometown, people's time concept is not strong.
在我的家乡,人们的时间观念不强。
We don't like life in a hurry, so we don't mind that others are late for a while.
我们不喜欢生活匆忙,所以我们不介意别人偶尔迟到一会儿。
If you and a friend are good to go to their home for dinner, you go a little later is acceptable.
如果你和一个朋友说好要去他们家吃饭,你去得稍晚一点是可以接受的。
We like to enjoy the time that belongs to us.
我们喜欢慢慢享受属于我们的时间。
We cherish the life and family, friends together time.
我们珍惜平日生活中和家人、朋友在一起的时光。
When we are free, we often visit our friends at home, and we don't have to make plans to meet our friends.有空的时候,我们也常常会临时上朋友家拜访,我们不必总是列计划见朋友。
When you meet with friends, the polite way is that the boys shake hands with each other, while the girls kiss each other on the cheek.当与朋友见面时,礼貌的做法是,男生们互相握手,而女生们互相亲吻面颊。
We usually have a walk around the town center, meeting as many friends as we can!我们通常会在小镇中心四处走走,尽可能多地与更多朋友会面!
Lebron Mark Lausanne Switzerland马克.勒布朗 洛桑 瑞士
In Switzerland, punctuality is very important. We after all is to clock and watch famous country! If someone asked you at noon to meet, then you must be at noon arrived. If you are late for 15 minutes, then your friends are likely to be very angry. Therefore, every time I go to see a friend will try to be punctual. I always go out early to avoid the traffic congestion, because I think that let people are very polite. And we also never without prior call visits to friends, we are always well in advance of the visiting friends, an appointment together to do interesting things, or go to a place to play.
在瑞士,守时非常重要。我们毕竟是以时钟和手表闻名的国度!如果有人约你在正午相见,那么你就必须在正午时赶到。如果你只是迟到了15分钟,那你的朋友都有可能会非常生气。因此,每次我去见朋友都会尽力做到守时。我总是早早出门以避开拥堵交通,因为我认为让别人等是非常不礼貌的。而且,我们也从不事先未打电话便登门拜访朋友,我们总是事先做好拜访朋友的安排,约好一起做有意思的事情,或是一起去某地玩。