Listen and read.
听一听,读一读。
Betty: What are you doing?
贝蒂:你在干什么呢?
Tony: I'm preparing some notes for a report called "Our growing population" .
托尼:我正在为一篇题为《日益增长的人口》的报告准备笔记。
Lingling: Well, we're in the right place to talk about that! Beijing is a huge city with alarge population.That causes a lot of problems, such as too much traffic and noise.
玲玲:哦,现在谈论这个问题正是时候!北京就是一个人口众多的大型城市。这引发了很多问题,例如交通拥堵和噪音过多。
Betty: It's not only Beijing. Population increase is a big problem in many countries. Do you know how many babies are born every minute in the world?
贝蒂:不仅北京这样。人口增长在许多国家都是一个大问题。你知道世界上每分钟有多少个婴儿出生吗?
Tony: No. Can you tell me?
托尼:不知道。你能告诉我吗?
Betty: Over 250! That makes over 131.4 million births a year.
贝蒂:250多个!那相当于一年有超过1.314亿个婴儿出生。
Lingling: I can't believe it!
玲玲:真不敢相信!
Betty: The population of China is about 1.37 billion. That's almost one fifth of the world's population, that is, about 7 billion.
贝蒂:中国的人口大约为13.7亿。那几乎是世界人口,也就是约70亿,的五分之一。
Tony:Hang on a minute! I'll write that down too!
托尼:稍等!我也要把这点记下来!
Betty: But in the future, China's population won't grow so fast, because families are getting smaller.
贝蒂:但是,在将来中国的人口将不会增长这么快,因为家庭规模正在缩小。
Lingling: How do you know all this?
玲玲:你怎么知道所有这些的?
Betty:lwrote my reportyesterday!
贝蒂:昨天我写了报告!
Tony: Great, thanks! Now I can write my report!
托尼:太好了,谢谢!现在我可以写我的报告了!
Everyday English
日常英语
· I can't believe it!
真不敢相信!
· Hang on a minute!
稍等!
· Great!
太好了!
Now complete the notes.
现在完成笔记。
Babies born every minute in the world:
世界上每分钟出生的婴儿:
Babies born every year in the world:
世界上每年出生的婴儿:
Population of China:
中国的人口:
Population of the world:
世界的人口: