Listen and read.
听一听,读一读。
( Lingling and Betty are leaving the zoo.)
(玲玲和贝蒂正要离开动物园。)
Lingling: Did you like the zoo?
玲玲:你喜欢这个动物园吗?
Betty: Yes! I saw the pandas at last! But I am more interested to see the pandas in the Wolong Panda Reserve, because it allows people to get closer to them.
贝蒂:喜欢!我终于见到大熊猫了!但我对去看卧龙大熊猫自然保护区的大熊猫更感兴趣,因为它允许人们更近距离地接近它们。
Lingling: It's sad to think of pandas and other animals in danger.
玲玲:想起大熊猫和其他濒危动物来,真让人伤心。
Betty:We need to protect them better.
贝蒂:我们需要更好地保护它们。
Lingling: Yes. Many wild animals don't have a safe place to live, because villages and farms are growing bigger and are taking away their land and forests.
玲玲:是的。许多野生动物缺乏安全的生存环境,因为村庄和农场正在不断地扩张,侵占了它们的土地和森林。
Betty: Also, often there isn't enough clean water. I think we all need to help animals live in peace. Look, there's a notice.
贝蒂:还有,经常没有足够的干净的水。我想我们都需要帮助动物们平静地生活。看,这边有个告示。
Lingling: It says, "Help! We want to save animals in danger, and we need your help."
玲玲:告示上写着:“求助!我们想拯救濒危动物,我们需要你的帮助。”
Betty: But what can we do?
贝蒂:但我们能做什么呢?
Lingling: It says, " Your money pays to look after the animals." That means we can give money to help protect the animals.
玲玲:告示上写着:“你的钱用于看护动物。”这句话的意思是我们可以捐钱帮助保护动物。
Betty: Maybe we can raise some money at school.eLet's find out what else we can do to save as many animals as possible.
贝蒂:也许我们可以在学校筹集一些钱。让我们弄清楚我们还能做什么,来拯救尽可能多的动物。
Everyday English
日常英语
·...at last
终于……!
·Help!
求助!
·What can we do?
我们能做什么呢?
Now complete the table.
现在完成表格。
Why many animals are in danger
为什么许多动物处于濒危状态
What we can do to help
我们能做什么来帮忙
Work in pairs. Discuss and add more informa- tion to the table.
结对练习。讨论并在表格中加入更多的信息。