Listen and read.
听一听,读一读。
Tony: Hey, Daming! How was your weekend?
托尼:嘿,大明!你周末过得怎么样?
Daming:Pretty good! I went to Shenzhen.
大明:很好!我去了深圳。
Tony: where's Shenzhen?
托尼:深圳在哪儿?
Daming: Well, it's on the coast near Hong Kong. It was a small village about thirty years ago, but today it's a very big city.
大明:哦,它在靠近香港的海边。大约30年前它是个小村庄,但现在它是一个非常大的城市。
Tony: So it's a newer city Hong Kong?
托尼:这么说它是一个比香港新的城市?
Daming: Yes, it's a very new city. In fact, it only became important in the 1980s. It's getting bigger and busier. Some day it will become as busy as Hong Kong,I'm sure.
大明:是的,它是一个很新的城市。实际上,它只是在20世纪80年代才变得重要起来。它正变得更大、更繁华。我相信,有一天它会变得和香港一样繁华。
Tony: What's the population of Shenzhen?
托尼:深圳有多少人口?
Daming: It's over ten million, I think.That's larger than the population of many other cities in China. Its streets are much wider and cleaner too. I think it's a beautiful city.
大明:我认为有1 000多万,这比中国许多其他城市的人口多。它的街道也宽得多、干净得多。我认为它是一个美丽的城市。
Tony: I'd like to go there one day.
托尼:我想有一天去那里(看看)。
Daming: Remember to visit the Diwang. It's taller than many other buildings in Shenzhen.
大明:记得去参观一下地王大厦,它比深圳的许多其他建筑物都高。
Everyday English
日常英语
. Hey!
嘿!
. How was your weekend?
你周末过得怎么样?
. Prettv ciood !
很好!
Now complete the passage about Shenzhen.
现在完成这篇关于深圳的短文。
Shenzhen is on the coast near Hong Kong. It became important in the (1)______. Before that it was a (2)______. Today the population of Shenzhen is more than (3)______ million. There are many tall buildings in Shenzhen. A famous one is the (4)______.It is (5)______ than many other buildings in Shenzhen.
深圳在靠近香港的海边。它在(1)20世纪80年代变得重要起来。在那之前它是个(2)小村庄。现在深圳的人口超过(3) 1000万。在深圳有许多高层建筑,一座著名的建筑是(4)地王大厦。它比深圳的许多其他建筑物(5)更高。