Reaing for Pleasure补充阅读
Jack and the Beanstalk杰克和豆茎
Jack, I'm hungry. We haven't got any food.杰克!我饿了。我们什么吃的都没有了。
Mum, I'm hungry, too. I'll sell the cow. 妈妈,我也饿了。我要去把奶牛卖掉。
Then we'll have food.这样我们就会有食物了。
I'll have this cow. Here are five beans.我要买这头奶牛。这儿有五颗豆子。
We don't want beans!我们不需要豆子!
Sorry, Mum.对不起,妈妈。
Look! Now the bean is a beanstalk.看!现在豆子变成豆茎了。
It's very tall. I'll go up.它很高。我要上去。
Be careful, Jack!小心,杰克!
My husband is very big and very tall. 我的丈夫又高又大。
He eats little boys!他吃小男孩。
Oh no!哦,不!
Hide under the table.藏在桌子下面。
Give me eggs, chicken!给我鸡蛋,小鸡!
Good. Now I've got ten gold eggs.太好了。现在我们有十个金蛋了。
Take the chicken! Run!带上小鸡!快跑!
Look, Mum. A magic chicken!看,妈妈,一只有魔力的鸡!
Oh no! The giant!哦,不!巨人!
Mum, the big man is coming. 妈妈,巨人来了。
Let's cut the beanstalk.让我们切断豆茎。
Give us eggs, chicken!给我们鸡蛋,小鸡!
Oh! Now we are rich!哦!现在我们有钱了!