The Taiwan earthquake
台湾地震
It was about two o'clock in the early morning.
那大约发生在凌晨两点。
I was sleeping when the earthquake started.
当地震开始的时候我正在睡觉。
At first, I felt a slight shake.
起初,我感到了一阵轻微的震动。
Then I heard a loud noise like thunder.
然后我听到雷鸣一般的巨响。
Soon the real noise came, like bombs under the ground.
很快,真正的响声来了,就像是地下发生了爆炸。
The earth started to shake.
地面开始摇晃起来。
People screamed in fear.
人们恐惧地尖叫。
Some ran out of the building.
一些人从大楼中跑了出去。
I tried my best to run out too, but I could not.
我尽力想跑出去,但是我不能。
Outside, people were running in all directions while pieces of glass and bricks were falling down.
外面,碎玻璃和碎砖块纷纷掉落下来,人们四处逃散。
Then the walls began to come down too!
然后墙也开始要倒了。
Finally, the noise and shaking ended.
最后,噪音和震动都停止了。
It was dark and silent around me.
我的四周黑暗又寂静。
I could not see anything at all, and I did not know if anyone else was near me.
我什么也看不见,我也不知道我的周围是否有人。
I felt nervous and my heart was beating fast. "I'm trapped," I said to myself.
我感到非常紧张,我的心脏跳得很快。“我被困住了,”我对自己说。
A moment of fear went through my mind, but I told myself to calm down since I was still alive.
我的脑中掠过一阵恐惧,但我告诉自己要冷静下来,因为我还活着。
I shouted for help, but no one came.
我大叫着求助,但没有人。
I started to pull myself slowly through the dark.
我开始在黑暗中慢慢地向前移动身体。
Luckily, there was just enough space for me to move.
幸运的是,刚好有足够的空间可以让我移动。
Hours later, as I was trying to find my way out, I suddenly heard some noise above me.
几个小时后,正当我努力寻找出去的路时,我突然听到上方有一些响声。
I screamed, "Help, please help! I'm here!"
我尖叫,“救命,救救我!我在这儿!”
Then I heard shouts from excited people.
然后我听到了激动的人群的叫喊声。
They quickly moved away the bricks.
他们赶快挪走砖块。
At last, I saw the bright daylight. I was safe.
最后,我看到了阳光。我安全了。
Unit 8 Natural disasters-Reading课文文本和录音
更新:2018年9月22日来源:译林牛津初中英语 整理:给力英语网