Activity 2 Listen and read.
Lingling; When is the school—leavers' party?
玲玲:毕业派对是在什么时候?
Betty:Look at the school calendar! It'll be held on the 30th of May. We're all invited.
贝蒂:看看校历!它将于5月30日举行。我们都被邀请了。
Daming:ln fact,l was chosen to play the dance music.
大明:事实上,我被选去负责播放舞曲。
Tony:And l was asked to bring some balloons and paint some pictures for the party.
托尼:我被要求带一些气球并为派对画几幅画。
Betty: The teachers have asked everyone to prepare a traditional dish from their home country.
贝蒂:老师让每个人准备一道自己国家的传统菜肴。
Lingling:Can we cook it at school?
玲玲:我们可以在学校做菜肴吗?
Betty:We can neat it up in the school kitchen,but it should be cooked at home.What are you going lo make?
贝蒂:我们可以在学校食堂加热一下,但它应该在家里做好。你打算做什么呢?
Lingling: Hot and sour soup.lt's made with chicken and vegetables.
玲玲:酸辣汤。它是用鸡肉和蔬菜做成的。
Eetty:But the invitation says finger food! That means you eat it with your fingers,not with a knife,fork or spoon.
贝蒂:但请柬上说是手抓食品!那就是说你用手拿着吃它,而不用刀叉或勺子。
Lingling:Oh,soup's no good then.What about you?
玲玲:哦,那么汤不行。你准备做什么呢?
Betty:Cheeseburgers.Cheeseburgers are made with hamburgers and cheese.
贝蒂:于酪汉堡包。干酪汉堡包是用汉堡和奶酪做成的。
Tony: And you,Daming?
托尼:大明,你呢?
Daming:Jiaozi! My grandmother makes the best jiaozi!
大明:饺子!我奶奶做的饺子最好吃!
Betty:ls she invited to the school-leavers' party too?
贝蒂:她也被邀请参加毕业派对吗?
Daming:Hmm,I see what you mean.What about you,Tony?
大明:唔,我明白你说这话的意思。你呢,托尼?
Tony:A traditional English pizza with cheese,tomato and ham.
托尼:用奶酪、番茄和火腿做成的英国传统比萨饼。
Betty: Pizza isn't English! It's ltalian !
贝蒂:比萨饼不是英国的!它是意大利的!
Tony:But it's eaten everywhere in EngIand.
托尼:但在英国到处都可以吃到啊。
Damlng:It’s becoming popular in China too!
大明:它在中国也变得受欢迎起来啦!