Unit 1 Activity 3 Listen and read.
Helpline:Hello,Friendship Helpline.Who's calling,please?
服务热线:你好,友谊服务热线。请问您是哪位?
Lingling: Hello.This is Lingling speaking.
玲玲:你好,我是玲玲。
He!pline: Hi,Lingling! How can I help you?
服务热线:你好,玲玲!我可以为你做些什么?
Lingling:I have a problem with my best friend. She's called.
玲玲:我和我最好的朋友之间有点问题。她叫……
Helpline: No,don't tell me who she is.Tell me when the problem started.
服务热线:不,不用告诉我她是谁。告诉我问题是什么时候开始的。
Lingling: Yes.Well,we've been friends for five years.We got separated when we went to different schools last term,but we stayed in touch.
玲玲:好的。嗯,学校,我们做朋友已又5年了。上学期我们去了不同的学校,我们分开了,但是我们保持着联系。
Helpline:So could you explain what happened then?
服务热线:那么你能解释一下后来发生了什么事吗?
Lingling: This term,she came to study at my school. I was so happy at first.But she's so different.
玲玲:这学期,她来我的学校学习。开始我很高兴。但是她却很不一样。
Helpline:Can you tell me how she's different?
服务热线:你能告诉我她怎么不一样吗?
Lingling:She doesn't like me to see my other friends.
玲玲:她不喜欢我见我其他的朋友。
Helpline:Could I ask if you've mentioned this to her?
服务热线:我可以问一下你是否向她提及过此事吗?
Lingling:Yes,but she refused to listen.
玲玲:是的,但是她拒绝听。
Helpline:OK.Do you know she treats you like that?
服务热线:好的。你知道她为什么那样对待你吗?
Lingling: No. I don't know.
玲玲:不,我不知道。
Helpline:Maybe she doesn't feel very sure of herself in her new school.
服务热线:也许她在新学校里感觉不太自信(herself:她自己)。
Lingling: Maybe.
玲玲:也许吧。
Helpline:Try to find out whether she feels lonely without you. I'm sure she regrets hurting you. So be patient with her and explain to her that she can make friends with your other friends too. Try to introduce her to them.
服务热线:尽量搞清楚没有你她是否感觉孤独。我相信她后悔伤害了你。所以对她要又耐心,向她解释她也能与你的其他朋友交朋友。尽量把她介绍给他们。
Lingling:I see.I’ll encourage her to join in more. Thanks.
玲玲:我明白了。我会鼓励她多参加(活动),谢谢。
Helpliner:No problem,Lingling.You're welcome!
服务热线:没什么,玲玲。不必客气!