Unit 1 Activity 3 Listen and read.
Lingling:Hi,everyone! Come in and find somewhere to sit down.Sorry,it's a bit of a mess.I'll put the fans on the shelf.
玲玲:嗨,大家好!进来找地方坐下。不好意思,(家里)有点乱。我来把这些扇子放到架子上。
Betty:Let me have a look.You've got so many fans.
贝蒂:让我看一看。你有这么多扇子。
Lingling: Yes,about sixty.
玲玲:是啊,大约六十把。
Betty:Where did you get them?
贝蒂:你从哪儿得到它们的?
Lingling:Most of them are presents. People often give me fans as presents because they know I like them.Do you collect anything?
玲玲:它们大部分是礼物。大家经常给我扇子作为礼物,因为他们知道我喜欢扇子。你收集什么东西吗?
Betty: Yes,I collect coins and notes,you know, like British pounds and US dollars.
贝蒂:是的,我收集硬币和纸币,你知道,比如 英镑和美元。
Lingling:Coins? They must be really valuable. Can I see them?
玲玲:硬币?它们一定很值钱。我可以看看它们吗?
Betty:Sure! I’ll show you my stamps too.I've collected stamps from all over the world. I've got six or seven books of stamps
贝蒂:当然可以!我还要给你看看我的邮票。我收集了世界各地的邮票。我已经有六七本集邮册了。
Tony: My hobby doesn't cost as much as yours-I collect tickets,bus tickets and train tickets!
托尼:我的爱好没有你们的那么费钱——我收集票、公共汽车票和火车票!
Betty; You can't do anything with tickets!
贝蒂:用废弃的票你不能做任何事情!
Tony:I know,but when I look at them,I remember some wonderful places.
托尼:我知道,但当我看到它们时,我会记起一些美好的地方。
Lingling: Right! Their value isn't always important.People also collect things just to remember something important in their lives.
玲玲:是的!它们的价值并不总是重要的。人们也收集东西而仅仅为记住他们生命中某些重要的事情。